We know pet owners are seeking pet friendly hotels in Virginia. The fact is, people love to travel with their pets. After all, what’s a getaway without your best friend? Our Virginia bed and breakfast offers pet friendly accommodations and all of our pet-friendly rooms are in independent buildings on the property, providing privacy and easy access to our 80 acres of natural trails – there’s plenty of room for exploration and adventures together!
Resident Innkeeper Animals
The family pets are integral parts of life at The Inn at Meander Plantation. All are “guest-friendly,” but are not allowed in the guestrooms for guest comfort. Please respect our resident animals, as this is their home, too.
Elise, our Beaglier, is our old lady of the house and is totally dedicated to her job as the official innkeeper dog. She is very friendly, but will always bark her first “Hello!” towards new guests and other dogs. Elise will usually keep to herself. She is allowed total freedom of the property, and will be seen roaming off leash.
Slim and Caboodle are our resident Barn Cats. Slim is black and white tuxedo, and tiny for his age. Caboodle is a longer haired mix with light tan coloring. It is rare if you see them, but as they are wild cats we ask that you respect their boundaries.
Pet Friendly Cottages
Meander welcomes dog guests, and other animals as well. However, for the safety of all guests and pets, we ask that you observe these guidelines:
- You must have your dog on a leash and under your control at all times for the protection of you, other guests and Meander staff. Please do not allow your dog to run freely around the property. Even if your dog has never been aggressive towards other dogs or humans, “surprises” can happen.
- We provide fine linens in each of our rooms. While we would prefer that your dog not get on the bed and furniture, if you do allow it, please use the provided “dog” sheet to protect the linens. If one is not in your room, an innkeeper will gladly get you one. You are responsible for any damages.
- Potty breaks should be confined to areas away from buildings. (Ron, our gardener, asks to use the back yards, not front, please.) While we understand that “accidents” may occur in inappropriate places, please be kind enough to remove it.
- Please, no dogs in the Manor House except during breakfast times. The guestrooms in the main house are pet-free.
- We prefer that you take your dog with you when you are away from the Inn. If you must leave your dog for short periods in your room, please crate your dog, and inform our staff so that they may let the housekeeper know.
- Limit barking between 9 pm – 8 am please!
- Please do not use the inn towels for dirty paws. We have a complimentary “Dog Rinse” station set up near the Barns. This will have designated dog towels and a tub to rinse your pup in. There are also designated dog towels in the pet basket in your room.
- Please be considerate of inn furnishings.
- Limit 2 dogs per room; there are no weight restrictions.
- There is a $25, non-refundable, pet fee per visit.
Be sure to check out our Pet’s Welcome Package to make your furry friend’s experience even more special!